JAMES D. GORDON, III
James (Jay) D. Gordon, III is a partner at Frohlich, Gordon & Beason, P.A. with more than 16 years of legal experience. Jay has been representing injured victims in southwest Florida since graduating with honors from the Florida State University College of Law in 2002. His primary focus is on personal injury and wrongful death matters due to automobile negligence, premises liability, and general negligence. His success and dedication to his clients have earned him recognition as Legal Elite by Florida Trend magazine, inclusion in the Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ list, and membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Jay’s passion for justice is vividly demonstrated through his service to the Florida Bar. Jay was a member and served as the chairperson of the Florida Bar Grievance Committee in Charlotte County, a group responsible for investigating citizen complaints against local attorneys. Jay was also selected as a Fellow in the inaugural class of the Florida Bar Leadership Academy, a program created to cultivate a diverse network of emerging and experienced leaders committed to improving the administration of justice.
Apart from his professional life, Jay invests himself in many community organizations. He is a member of the Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity Board of Directors and served as the Board’s president from 2014-2016. Jay also serves as a Board member of Sarasota Suncoast Academy and was selected as the President for the inaugural class of Leadership North Port in 2016. He also enjoys serving at his church and coaches his daughters’ teams in the North Port Youth Soccer League.
- Florida, 2002
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- Florida State University
- B.A. History with honors – 1997
Honors & Awards
- Included in the Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ list by Law and Politics Magazine
- Legal Elite by Florida Trend Magazine
- AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, a lawyer rating service
- Top 100 Civil Trial Lawyers
- Membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Florida Justice Association, Eagle Member
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy, Fellow
- Florida Bar, Member
- Charlotte County Bar Association, Member
- Leadership Charlotte, Member, 2005
- Leadership North Port, President, 2016-2017
- Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity, Board Member and Past President
- Sarasota Suncoast Academy, Board Member
- North Port Youth Soccer League, Coach
Contact Frohlich, Gordon & Beason, P.A. online or by phone at (941) 960-7225 for a free consultation with Attorney Gordon or any of our Port Charlotte personal injury lawyers.