W. CORT FROHLICH
W. Cort Frohlich is a seasoned Port Charlotte personal injury attorney and partner at Frohlich, Gordon & Beason, P.A. Cort champions over 40 years of practicing law in Florida since graduating with honors from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 1976. It is his passion to represent victims of negligence. Cort is Board-Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Florida Bar and Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Among his many distinctions, Cort is AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® and has been selected for inclusion in the Florida Super Lawyers® list in the field of personal injury every year since 2006. A notable highlight of Cort’s extensive courtroom experience is a wrongful death verdict he obtained on behalf of the parents and daughter of a young lady tragically killed in a tractor-trailer accident. A verdict of $4,650,000 was awarded after a two-week trial, becoming one of the larger known civil jury verdicts in Charlotte County history.
Cort extends himself to his community by serving as President of the Board of Charlotte Behavioral Health Care. He also enjoys serving as emcee for multiple charitable events, including Edison College Pops at Sunset, Boys and Girls Club BASEBALL, C.A.R.E. Ball, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, and The Fred Lang Foundation Summer Ball, thus helping to raise thousands of dollars for these worthwhile organizations.
- Florida, 1976
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1976
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Law, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. with honors – 1976
- Law Review: University of Florida Law Review, Executive Editor, 1975-1976
- Wake Forest University
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Phi Delta Phi
- Sigma Chi
- “The Contribution Among Tort Feasors Act in Florida-Are Equity and Contribution Truly Incompatible? The Case for Comparative Contribution,” University of Miami Law Review, Vol. 30, No. 3. Spring, 1976.
Honors & Awards
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®, a lawyer rating service
- Included in the Florida Super Lawyers® list by Law and Politics Magazine, 2006-present
- Top 100 Civil Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Florida Justice Association, Eagle Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Twentieth Judicial Circuit, Member, Grievance Committee “C”, 1984-1987
- Twentieth Judicial Circuit, Chairman, Grievance Committee “C”, 1986-1987
- Twentieth Judicial Circuit, Member, Nominating Committee, 1986-1990
- Twentieth Judicial Circuit, Chairman, Nominating Committee, 1988-1990
- Charlotte County Bar Association, Member
- Charlotte County Bar Association, President, 1985-1986
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Board Member and Past President, Charlotte Behavioral Health Care
- Past Board Chairman, Edison State College Foundation
- Past Chairman, American Cancer Society
- Past Board Chairman, Big Brothers/Big Sisters
For a free consultation with Attorney Frohlich or any of our Port Charlotte personal injury lawyers, call (941) 960-7225 or contact us online.